The transfer portal giveth. The transfer portal taketh away. The transfer portal bringeth second chances?
Obviously, the transfer portal story has been much bigger on the basketball side of things these days, but football hasn’t been immune either. Mizzou has had its own share of losses via the portal, and the Tigers have been in the hunt for a number of big names in their own right. One of those was former Ohio State wide receiver Jameson Williams, who many figured may give Mizzou a shot after the recent commitment of Mookie Cooper. However, the former blue chipper out of Cardinal Ritter got a call from the champs, and that can be a pretty hard call to turn down.
BREAKING: Jameson Williams tells me that he has officially transferred to Alabama.
The former OSU WR was ranked as a Top 85 player in the class of 2019
Williams holds the Missouri state high school record in the 300-meter hurdles, which was previously held by Ezekiel Elliott. pic.twitter.com/T5LVf3a3Gl
— Hayes Fawcett (@Hayesfawcett3) May 3, 2021
Williams has big talent, and Nick Saban clearly had his eye out. It’s a tough blow for Missouri to not bring in another talented WR to their already impressive pool, but it’s hard to be too mad at the staff for losing out to the country’s greatest recruiting machine.
That being said, there’s room to make up ground. After all, another former St. Louis area star hit the transfer portal on Monday…
Johnson was, according to Rivals, the number one recruit out of Missouri in the 2020 class, a beast of a receiver who mostly stayed on the sidelines during Notre Dame’s CFP year.
We’ll see how big the list of suitors is for Johnson. He’s clearly got the talent to be a game-breaker at the Power 5 level, but he’ll leave Notre Dame having never recorded a catch. Certainly a talent of that level could make a difference at Mizzou.
- Nick Bolton obviously has a lot of fans around Missouri (in Columbia and now Kansas City), but he’s also got a fan in NFL Network’s Lance Zierlein, who praised Bolton’s intelligence in a video breakdown he posted to Twitter.
- Another Mizzou Hoops target in the transfer portal is committing Wednesday, per his Twitter. DeGray has heard from Arkansas, Vanderbilt, LSU and a handful of other non-SEC schools since he announced his entrance into the portal.
— Ronnie ”RD3” DeGray III❄️ (@Ronnie_DeGray23) May 3, 2021
- Skylah Thomas is bringing her talents from Old Dominion to Mizzou, and her highlight reel posted by Mizzou is silly.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)