Wow… our hoops teams move stealthily in recruiting, huh? Seemingly out of nowhere, Robin Pingeton has signed a new player, Skylah Travis. Travis is a 6-foot-3 athletic post who has four years of eligibility remaining— she was injured last season and did not play a game for the Monarchs.
MUTigers.com’s press release highlighted a number of things about the new post player, including this tidbit:
Travis earned District 1 Player of the Year and North Carolina All-State honors in 2019-20 after leading Weldon High School to the Class 1A championship game while averaging 20.7 points, 10.6 rebounds, 5.1 steals, 3.9 blocks and 4.9 assists per game. Travis lifted her team to the state championship game after sinking a game-winner in the semifinals to beat Bishop McGuinness. As a junior in 2018-19, Travis led Weldon to the State Tournament while averaging 17.0 points and 10.0 rebounds per game.
According to coach Robin Pingeton, on the addition:
“We are thrilled to have Skylah joining our family,” said Pingeton. “Her athleticism, versatility and dynamic skill set, along with her passion for the game make her a really exciting addition to our roster for the next four years. Skylah’s authenticity, energy and humility are invaluable qualities that we know will have an instant impact on the court, in the locker room and in our family.”
Skylah joins newcomers: 5’7 guard Izzy Higginbottom, 6’1 forward Kiya Dorroh, 6’0 forward Sarah Linthacum and 6’3 forward Da’Necia Trusty and a handful of returnees.
On to the Links! Have a nice weekend!
Other Mizzou Sports
- Women’s golf struggled to move up in the second round of the SEC match play qualification on Thursday. According to Calum McAndrew, only the top 8 move on to next round. While the Tigers improved upon their previous round by two strokes, they are 15 strokes behind Alabama, who currently holds on to the last remaining qualifying spot with one round to go.
- Track & Field travels to Auburn, Alabama for the War Eagle Invitational this weekend. According to MUTigers.com, Mizzou is set to compete against Auburn, Alabama State, Cincinnati, Memphis, Mississippi State, Middle Tennessee, Samford, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Troy and UAB in the two-day event.
- Track announced the signing of Illinois native, Austin Popplewell.
Mizzou in the Pros
- Aldon Smith has reportedly signed with the Seahawks on a one year deal, and joins an deep defense, according to ESPN’s Todd Archer.
- In honor of Thursday night’s WNBA draft, Mizzou Basketball posted a graphic commemorating each of their eight draft picks throughout the years.
- Former Mizzou football player, Franklin Agbasimere was selected in the CFL draft by the Calgary Stampeders.
If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (By the way, this link works fine on my iPad, which is where I write my links. I checked)
If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)