Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs travel to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday at 3:25 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ final injury report with official injury designations:
- Wide receiver Sammy Watkins (hamstring) will make his return against Tampa Bay this weekend after practicing all week. He has not played since Week 5.
- Chiefs cornerback BoPete Keyes (ankle) was added to the injury report on Thursday, but he still practiced fully Thursday and Friday. His addition likely means he’s receiving treatment for an issue stemming from Wednesday’s workout.
- Kansas City Chiefs offensive tackle Mitch Schwartz (back) is off the injury report for the time being since the team added him to injured reserve over the weekend. Wide receiver Byron Pringle (ankle) was placed on IR on Tuesday.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have three offensive linemen of note on their injury report: left guard Ali Marpet (concussion), who has not played since Week 8, put in three full practices this week but still needs to work his way out of the protocol — so he is questionable, left tackle Donovan Smith (ankle) did not practice all week and is officially questionable and center A.Q. Shipley (neck) has been ruled out and has been told to stop playing football. Shipley will become a member of Bucs head coach Bruce Arians’ coaching staff.
- Buccaneers cornerback Jamel Dean (concussion) is out for the game. Dean has played in 74% of defensive snaps for Tampa Bay this year. Veteran cornerback Ross Cockerel is expected to take Dean’s place. Backup tight end Tanner Hudson (not injury related) is also out.
For Thursday’s Chiefs injury report, click here.