We’re less than a month away than the start of the college basketball season officially on November 25th, but man, we really need some scheduled games to be announced!
Mizzou men’s basketball head coach Cuonzo Martin joined Brendan Wiese and Ben Frederickson on The Big 500 KTRS’ The Big Sports Show Wednesday evening to discuss the latest on the non-conference scheduling, Jeremiah Tilmon and Mark Smith’s high-level play in practice, and what’s happening with the Braggin’ Rights game this season.
After Missouri’s Myrtle Beach Tournament in Orlando was officially cancelled, Martin says Mizzou has been working on MTEs in Sioux Falls, Las Vegas, Texas or Indiana and will hopefully have something solidified in the next three to four days.
His thoughts on Jeremiah Tilmon and Mark Smith:
“I think Jeremiah Tilmon has really, really been at a high level, just in a lot of areas…..if I had to pick two guys at a high level, I would right now say Mark Smith and Jeremiah Tilmon, just all the parts. Defending, rebounding, toughness, scoring the ball, making plays.”
And….perhaps the annual Braggin’ Rights game might not be dead quite yet. Here’s Cuonzo with the latest:
“As a matter of fact, we’re working towards that as we speak. With all due respect on both sides, we’re trying to find a date. I will say 50 percent we’re trying to make it work as we speak up until the hour. We’re trying to make that thing work…..we’re trying.”
Hey….fingers crossed! Plenty of other good stuff from Brendan, Ben, and Cuonzo from that interview, and you can listen to the full segment on The Big Sports Show Soundcloud page.
And it was a tough loss for the No. 9 Mizzou Volleyball team in their home opener at the Hearnes Wednesday night against No. 3 Kentucky, falling in four sets losing their first match of the season.
— Mizzou Volleyball (@MizzouVB) October 29, 2020
The Tigers will be back in action tonight at 8:00 p.m. on ESPNU for their second game against Kentucky. MIZ!
Onto the links!
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Happy Birthday to senior Mitchell Smith on Wednesday! 23!
- How about a Mizzou Football hype video?
- Mizzou linebacker Aubrey Miller Jr. has entered the transfer portal. Here’s his statement, and best of luck to Aubrey in the future!
- There will be no Norm Stewart Classic happening in Columbia this year
JUST IN: The Norm Stewart Classic is canceled this year due to COVID-19 concerns.
— Andrew Kauffman (@AndrewABC17) October 28, 2020
- Just some good Mizzou social media recruiting things…
- Mizzou Basketball assistant coach Cornell Mann appeared on the Next Possession Podcast with Steve Hawkins
- Robin Pingeton coaching em up!
- A gentle reminder… look. We know that this is a highly stressful time of year, but we — the moderators (the majority of whom are unpaid), as well as those of us on the masthead that are asked to monitor the comments every day— kindly ask that before you post something, think to yourself: Will this likely get deleted because I’m right at the edge of what’s allowed? Is what I’m stating so open to interpretation that it’s going to rile people up? Is it mean-spirited? If the answer is yes, we request that you keep it to yourself. Otherwise, you may find yourself on a forced vacation from the site for a designated period of time.
Your Friendly Rock M Masthead & Moderators, none of whom have time to read the comments all day
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)