The Philadelphia Eagles are 0-2 and people have every right to be angry about that.
I thought it might be therapeutic to vent in the form of sharing our hottest takes we have to offer following the team’s poor start. Sometimes it’s fun to be more visceral than rational!
I’ll kick us off. Feel free to add your own in the comment section below.
- They’ve both never won a playoff game.
- They’ve both lacked emotional intelligence. Chip couldn’t relate to his players. Wentz was anonymously criticized by teammates on numerous occasions.
- They’ve both had control issues. Chip overstepped his coaching bounds and misguidedly waded into player personnel decisions. Wentz seemingly insists on having a lot of influence over the offense instead of just running what he’s told to do.
- They both indirectly helped the Eagles win Super Bowl LII. Some the players acquired during Kelly’s tenure made big contributions: Nelson Agholor, Zach Ertz, Lane Johnson, Trey Burton, Malcolm Jenkins. Wentz had the Eagles set up well to win the No. 1 seed before getting hurt.
- They both had a major role in the Eagles (wrongfully?) moving on from Nick Foles.
- They both had one excellent year that we were convinced was the norm and not the exception.
Okay, now it’s your turn. Whatchu got?