It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK – you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though… now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, I wanted to give my bold predictions for the New Orleans Saints 2020 rookie draft class.
Here are three bold predictions for each rookie:
OL Cesar Ruiz
- Ruiz is the starting CENTER for the Saints for every regular season game of 2020.
- Ruiz only gives up only two sacks all season long (as a Week 1 starter).
- Ruiz makes the Pro Football Writers Association All-Rookie team.
EDGE Zack Baun
- Baun fails to start a single game in 2020.
- Baun logs only two sacks all season long.
- Baun has roughly the same amount of special teams tackles as he does on defense.
TE Adam Trautman
- Trautman has more touchdown passes than Jared Cook.
- Trautman is the Saints fifth-leading receiver in 2020.
- Trautman catches a pass from Jameis Winston.
- Stevens begins the year on the active roster.
- Stevens spends more time on the practice squad than active roster in 2020.
- Stevens catches a pass from Taysom Hill.
So there are some of my bold predictions for the 2020 New Orleans Saints rookie class. What do you think? Were they too bold? Not bold enough? As you can see I’m clearly higher on some rookies, like Adam Trautman, than I am on others, like Zack Baun. Frankly, I’m just concerned Baun doesn’t have the size or athleticism to compete against NFL-caliber offensive linemen. Maybe I’m wrong – I hope I am.
But what are your bold predictions for this draft class? Let me know in the comments. Send me presents.