Detractors, if you’re out there— SCRAM, because REALLY… dedicating my post to anyone BUT these two would just be silly.
But first, I could watch this on repeat. Y’all, I just LOVE this team. I think you know that already, but really… I never stopped believing.
The Highlights. Sigh. That was fun.
And now, it’s time to appreciate these two.
DUDE…. What a performance (I’m ignoring bricking those two FTs). SIX POINTS. SEVEN REBOUNDS. FOUR BLOCKS. TWO ASSISTS. CAREER HIGH IN MINUTES (24).
Let’s see what the Twitterverse had to say about this.
Parker Braun is doing nothing to diminish his growing legend among #Mizzou fans tonight
— Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) February 19, 2020
Here’s the dunk. The stuff of legends, as Gabe said. He was called for a foul on this, but apparently, Referee Pat Adams came over to him at the end of the first half and apologized for making the call against him. Damn right.
Parker Braun with a ridiculous follow-dunk on a missed 3-pointer – but he’s called for a foul. Awful call. A player should be rewarded for being able to do that, even if there’s some contact.
— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) February 19, 2020
PARKER BRAUN JUST DUNKED ON THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI
— ROCK M NATION (@RockMNation) February 19, 2020
Accurate. We all thought it.
The moral of this story? Sophie Cunningham knows what she’s talking about. Never doubt The Mayor.
Parker Braun should be getting more minutes. Period. He is a spark, has fundamental IQ, and has so much potential if you give him that confidence to just play basketball!
— Sophie Cunningham (@sophaller) February 16, 2020
Wow. His recent ascent into awesomeness makes me so happy to see I might cry. LOVE. TO. SEE. IT. 32 points on 9-13 shooting (4-4 from 3) to go along with 4 rebounds and only 2 turnovers in his 27 minutes? That’ll do, X. That’ll do.
My favorite tweet of the night:
Xavier Pinson is a great example of what can happen when a young, talented player takes hard coaching and doesn’t run from it. He saw the opportunity, and paid his dues. Now he’s being rewarded. Bright future for him at #Mizzou.
— Ben Frederickson (@Ben_Fred) February 19, 2020
A new name for Friend of the Site Blake Lovell’s podcast? It’s got a nice ring to it, eh?
The Locked on SEC podcast, brought to you by the Xavier Pinson player of the year campaign.
— Blake Lovell (@theblakelovell) February 19, 2020
In reference to his technical foul for staring down the player he just dunked on and probably saying some words (yeah, he said something for sure):
Cuonzo Martin said he didn’t chew Xavier Pinson out after his technical foul in the first half. “That’s part of the game. I ran my mouth a little bit back in the day.”
— Mitchell Forde (@Mitchell4D) February 19, 2020
Even the SEC noticed. #itjustmeansmore
And of course, WE noticed here at Rock M.
We see you, X.
And with that, on to the links!
- In case you would like to give any of the Mizzou Football staff a follow:
- Dave Matter tweeted this about the D1 working group, who has been discussing changing the policies on transfers having to sit out. You can also read more about here from the NCAA site:
Division I working group proposes allowing first-time transfers in all sports to compete immediately if they’re: released by first school, academically eligible, making academic progress at 2nd school & not under disciplinary suspension https://t.co/dpotDzqwS4
— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) February 18, 2020
Mizzou football officially has a new athletic trainer, Owen Stanley. Held similar role at Kansas and Texas A&M and former Kansas City Chiefs assistant trainer.
— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) February 18, 2020
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Dave wrote in his gameday blog that the Tigers are prepared for a Rebel attack. He also wrote that Coach Martin is hoping they team will follow X’s lead.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: BenFred said March Sadness is once again infecting the area college hoops scene.
- Thanks, bearer of some possible bad news on the horizon regarding Josh Christopher, Matthew J Harris. Check out this Rivals update for more info.
- PowerMizzou (free): The guys posted a video of Cuonzo’s postgame presser, and Jessi Dodge posted a photo gallery.
- PowerMizzou (free): Mitchell previewed the Mizzou- Ole Miss game, saying in order to win the Tigers should: 1) not let Tyree beat them, 2) keep attacking the basket, and 3) take care of the ball, before predicting a 4-point victory for the Tigers. (editor’s note: 1- X took care of that, didn’t he?. 2- not bad, some early settling of threes in the first half . 3- not terrible. Not a bad prediction by Mitchell this time!)
- Choose Your Own Gamers available in various places, all of which you should read: Souichi Terada (KC Star). Gabe DeArmond’s recap says it’s better late than never (PowerMizzou). Mitchell Forde focused mostly on X, rightly so, in his piece (PowerMizzou). Dave Matter’s recap of The Pinson Show (St. Louis Post-Dispatch). Briar Napier focused on the Parker’s impact (Columbia Missourian). Souichi Terada (KC Star). Eric Blum (Columbia Tribune). Thomas Huitt-Johnson (Trumans Tales). MUTigers.com.
- Super cool stat about Dru, who reached the century mark in assists.
Other Mizzou Sports News
- Baseball showcased second baseman Mark Vierling’s performance as lead-off man. Also, they are providing incentives for new season ticket holders. Check out MUTigers.com/BSBTix for more details!
- The tumbling Tigers are back on the mat at Hearnes on Friday when take on LSU, and they are raising money for the Food Bank.
- Some highlights from Tennis’ win over SEMO on Monday! You can read the recap here (MUTigers.com)
- Track wraps up their regular indoor season this weekend at home in the Missouri Collegiate Challenge.
Mizzou in the Pros
- Congrats to Sophie on being named Collegiate Sportswoman of the Year at the WIN Columbia luncheon. Coach Pingeton accepted the award on her behalf.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
Go To Original Source