Florida State’s 2020 football schedule has been released, and it looks like this:
- Saturday, September 5: West Virginia Mountaineers (Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA)
- Saturday, September 12: Samford Bulldogs (Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, FL)
- Saturday, September 19: Boise State Broncos (Albertsons Stadium, Boise, ID)
- Saturday, October 3: NC State Wolfpack (Carter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NC)
- Saturday, October 10: Clemson Tigers (Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, FL)
- Saturday, October 17: Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, FL) (Family Weekend)
- Saturday, October 24: Louisville Cardinals (Cardinal Stadium, Louisville, KY)
- Saturday, October 31: Pitt Panthers (Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, FL)
- Saturday, November 7: Miami Hurricanes (Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL)
- Saturday, November 14: Boston College Eagles (Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, FL) (Homecoming)
- Thursday, November 19: Syracuse Orange (Carrier Dome, Syracuse, NY)
- Saturday, November 28: Florida Gators (Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, FL)
Okay so we already knew about the first three meetings on this schedule. WVU and Boise have been on the schedule since before the Mike Norvell era.
FSU then gets its only bye, one that comes earlier than that of any other ACC team, on the weekend of September 26. If you’re excited about seeing the new ’Noles in Tallahassee early, tough: they play just one home game prior to October 10, and that’s the only gauranteed win on this schedule, vs. Samford. But to be fair, not sweating it out on September Saturdays isn’t exactly missing out.
Still, let’s not kid ourselves: a 1-4 start is possible.
The Seminoles then host Wake before traveling to Louisville, which will be coming off a bye. After a Halloween home date vs. Pitt and a trip to Miami (which is always better late in the season after the Hurricanes have collapsed), Florida State then has to face BC, Syracuse, and UF within 14 days. Oh and that date with at ’Cuse is on short rest, as a Thursday game.
Go To Original Source