Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- People who are smart AND excellent athletes really piss me off. Like, save some talent for the rest of us, huh?
Sydney Hilley = -Athlete
Setting the standard on the court, and in the classroom, @sydhil_ is a CoSIDA First Team Academic All-American!
Sydney is only the third AAA at UW and the first first-teamer.
Oh…and she is majoring in genetics and genomics.
— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) December 9, 2019
- I wonder what happens if Kelly Sheffield’s players show up late for practice? Does it turn into a full scale Comedy Central Roast?
- Maybe, and I don’t think we’ve really discussed this yet, the men’s hockey team is just TOO talented. That’s why they can’t string together any wins! Anyways, congrats to K’Andre Miller, Ty Emberson, Alex Turcotte and Cole Caufield on this honor.
- I really like this answer from Greg Gard. Wisconsin will forever fight against the stereotype that they are a slow, plodding, boring team until they shock people to their senses by flying up and down the court. After a rough start to the season the Badgers really have nothing to lose in terms of letting the players loose. See what ya got, Gard!
#Badgers Greg Gard asked about how UW has cut down on turnovers. Had just nine at NC State, including three in second half; and just four vs. IU. The answer: Playing faster. That has led to aggressive play, less hesitancy/thinking. This team built to do so.
— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) December 9, 2019
- I hope he brings his flame thrower to the ceremony.
- If we are voting based on pictures alone, and why wouldn’t we, Tyler Biadasz wins going away.
- Forgot to include this quote from T.J. Watt on Monday.
TJ Watt with a really notable* quote on intercepting Murray:
“He’s a throw-first QB, &then a run-second, so I just didn’t want to bite the cheese &let him throw it right behind me.”
**This is notable bc first record in history of someone from Wisconsin not wanting to bite cheese
— katherine fitzgerald (@kfitz134) December 9, 2019
ARE YOU EVEN REALLY FROM WISCONSIN, T.J.!?!?
- I don’t know what Jonathan Taylor has to do to even be INVITED to New York as a Heisman Trophy finalist but apparently this season’s body of work wasn’t enough.
I guess Taylor could’ve tried being a transfer quarterback from one of this year’s playoff teams. That might’ve worked.
- Congrats to former Badger Lauren Carlini.
B1G basketball scoreboard from last night (losses in bold because we are here to laugh at misfortune):
Iowa 72 – Minnesota 52
Go To Original Source