Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Get your tickets now! The Badgers have added Western Illinois to the 2026 schedule. ::yawn::
- The women’s soccer team is quickly becoming one of the best teams on campus and you should probably go check them out.
- PFF has their midseason All-America team out.
First-Team Midseason All-American OL is so talented:
OT – Penei Sewell, Oregon
OG – Wyatt Davis, Ohio State
C – Matt Hennessy, Temple
OG – Michael Onwenu, Michigan
OT – Josh Jones, Houston
The entire Midseason AA Team:https://t.co/kH3oZ7UC4k
— Cam Mellor (@PFF_Cam) October 15, 2019
- The midseason AP All-America team had some Badgers on it as well. Taylor at RB, Tyler Biadasz at C and Baun at LB. LSU, Oregon and the Badgers were all tied for the most players on the first-team, with three.
- The Athletic ALSO has a midseason All-America team. Taylor, Biadasz and Baun all made the first-team.
The Athletic’s midseason All-America team…
QB Joe Burrow
RB Jonathan Taylor
DE Curtis Weaver
LB Evan Weaver
K Brandon Talton
Full 1st and 2nd teams: https://t.co/bTRniC5Vbp
— The Athletic CFB (@TheAthleticCFB) October 15, 2019
- The XFL is back! Or had the draft! Or something! Congrats Olive Sagapolu!
- Cole Caufiled was named B1G Second Star of the Week for his monster debut performance against Boston College and Merrimack.
- Speaking of winning weekly awards in hockey.
Yup. Thats forward, defenseman and goalie of the week in the WCHA who all play for Wisconsin.
- Illinois updates!
If Lovie Smith doesn’t win three more games this season, Ron Zook will end the decade as the Illini head coach with the most Big Ten victories.
— THE GRAY ROOM (@Champaign_Room) October 15, 2019
The Illini have to put on their “big boy pads” to stop Jonathan Taylor. Had…had they not been wearing pads before?
Illinois continues to struggle in Lovie Smith’s fourth season.
Go To Original Source