Three of the five major teams won on Sunday, including Oklahoma City who scored 14 runs.
Triple-A Oklahoma City
There were a combined 25 runs and 26 hits, as the Dodgers defeated the Express, 14-11. OKC got started right away, as Connor Joe led off the game with a single and Zach Reks followed with a two-run shot, his 18th of the season.
Reks scored for the second time in the third inning, coming in to score on a homer from Zach McKinstry. For the game, McKinstry had a total of four RBI, leading the team. OKC would score four runs in the sixth inning, thanks to home runs from Jon Kemmer and Drew Jackson.
Dylan Floro pitched only 1⁄3 inning, walking two batters and allowing two runs to score.
The Drillers fell to the Naturals in extras, dropping 9-8 in the 10th. Tulsa attempted a late-comeback, as they entered the eighth down two runs. Donovan Casey brought his team to within one with an RBI single, and then came in to score on a go-ahead homer from Cody Thomas.
The Naturals reclaimed the lead in the bottom half of the inning, putting two on the board to give them the one-run edge. Angelo Mora led off the ninth with a solo home run, tying the game at eight a piece. A walk-off single in the 10th won the game for Northwest Arkansas.
Single-A Rancho Cucamonga
A seven-run inning from the Quakes was too much for the Rawhide to overcome, as Rancho picked up the 8-1 win. Four consecutive singles to lead off the fifth plated three runs for the Quakes. Jacob Amaya switched things up as he doubled in a run, making the score 5-0. Back-to-back walks would load the bases.
Brayan Morales and Jeren Kendall both singled, giving the Quakes the 8-0 lead.
High-A Great Lakes
The game was put out of reach early, as the Loons fell to the Cubs, 9-5. Great Lakes put some runs on the board late, but trailed 9-2 after the fifth.
Jose Chacin pitched four innings, allowing eight runs on 11 hits.
Eight of the nine starters got a hit for the Raptors, as they defeated the Vibes 8-3. Brandon Lewis led the way, going 3-for-5 including his 12th homer of the season. On the season, he’s hitting .360 with a 1.144 OPS.
Andy Pages and Zac Ching each added two hits of their own.
- Los Angeles Dodgers recalled RHP Tony Gonsolin from Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Los Angeles Dodgers optioned RHP Josh Sborz to Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Los Angeles Dodgers optioned 3B Edwin Rios to Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oklahoma City Dodgers activated RHP Justin De Fratus from the temporarily inactive list
- Rancho Cucamonga Quakes placed RHP Michael Grove on the 7-day injured list
- Rancho Cucamonga Quakes activated RHP Connor Strain from the 7-day injured list
- SS Eddys Leonard assigned to Great Lakes Loons from AZL Dodgers Lasorda
- Great Lakes Loons placed 3B Kody Hoese on the 7-day injured list retroactive to August 17, 2019
10:00 a.m. PT: AZL Dodgers Mota at AZL Dodgers Lasorda
10:30 a.m. PT: DSL Dodgers Bautista at DSL Astros
4:05 p.m. PT: South Bend Cubs (Carlos Vega) at Great Lakes Loons (Robinson Ortiz)
5:40 p.m. PT: Ogden Raptors (Alfredo Tavarez) at Rocky Mountain Vibes (Carlos Luna)
Original Article Source