The WWE feels as though 3 hours isn’t enough for this year’s SummerSlam event and as wrestling fans we agree. The WWE has released a statement saying that the event will be 4 hours, 5 if you include the usual hour-long pre-show.
STAMFORD, Conn., July 27, 2015 – WWE announced today that SummerSlam will expand from a three-hour show to a four-hour telecast live on WWE Network and now begin at 7pm ET on Sunday, August 23. SummerSlam joins WWE’s annual pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania®, as the only two events with four hours of live non-stop action.
The WWE has gone all out for SummerSlam weekend this year with several fan friendly events and the first NXT live show on Saturday. Here’s the Full SummerSlam weekend schedule:
- NXT Takeover: Brooklyn (Barclays Center)
- Meet & Greet w/ WWE Superstars, Divas and legends Sting & Shawn Michaels
- Q&A panel on the ‘Evolution of NXT’ feat. Triple H, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Sasha Banks & more.
- WWE SummerSlam 4-Hour PPV (Barclays Center)
- WWE RAW (Barclays Center)